Below are links to the main offices of the members of Edinburgh Churches Together, all with updates on current guidelines regarding corona virus restrictions, as well as some other links that may be useful.
Church of Scotland
Scottish Episcopal Church
United Reformed Church
United Free Church
NHS Health Scotland
City of Edinburgh Council
Edinburgh Churches Together was formed over 25 years ago and brings together Church of Scotland, Scottish Episcopal Church, the Catholic Church, the Methodist Church, the Salvation Army, Religious Society of Friends, United Free Church and the United Reformed Church. It enables different denominations to work together locally in areas of shared concern but still maintain their own identity. As well as encouraging churches to relate and communicate with one another, ECT also works with the City of Edinburgh Council and other bodies including the Edinburgh Interfaith Association. Together we:
- jointly address issues of concern and interest within our city and beyond
- support each other in times of challenge and celebration
- provide a meeting point between the Christian Church and the City
- encourage local congregations to work together
- share resources, ideas, insights and best practice
- create city scale projects and events as a witness to the presence of Christ in Edinburgh
We publish a newsletter every two months with news and information about ecumenical events, gatherings and goings on in the city. We also publicise events on Facebook and Twitter so please follow us and like us! If you’d like to subscribe to our free newsletter then please contact us.
Read about the recent 2021 St Andrew Declaration, an ecumenical declaration between the Church of Scotland and the Scottish Episcopal Church.